Friday, July 20, 2007

It's not easy being green

Ok so hopefully being environmentally mindful is a priority for you. Here is a collection of links to green sites. I will constantly be updating.


ENVIROSAX's priority is to "help create a better future for our planet by spreading the environmental message through colour and script". By using one of their re-usable bags you save the Earth from 80 plastic bags a year. They are fabulous in grocery stores where they hold 2 to 3 times the amount a plastic bag does and their prints are fantastic so they can also be a tote ladies! You can buy them singularly or in packs of 5 to save in more ways than one.



Ok this may seem a little strange ladies but CLOTH PADS. By using cloth pads you reduce the amount that goes into landfills. You have to soak them to clean them but from what I hear you can use the bloodied water in which you soaked them to fertilize your garden. YUM
Green Thumb Designs
FeralFeminine

Recycle when you can! Recycle everything! Keep a box in a closet or in the garage and fill it to the top with paper stuffs like boxes from food or the stupid subscription cards in mags that always fall out. I recycle a lot! From cleaning out my backpack I had at least a foot tall pile. When you realize how fast it fills up it will be so much easier to do. Where do you find a recycling area? By personal experience I noticed that A LOT of schools have centers for recycling.


Go thrifting! Not only is it so much fun to find something spectacular but it's also rewarding to know that you're saving it from being tossed in the landfills. I found this detailed brass jewelry box on one of my adventures for cheap! I got lucky.

No comments: